Friday, October 23, 2009

La Hacienda Review


Ok, so the other day I decided to embark on a new literary journey. I am going to be starting a new hobby as an amatuer food critic. I have no idea where this is going to go other than the fact that I thought that it might be somewhat fun. I will be judging the "restaurant of the month" on 8 characteristics: Atmosphere, Taste, Presentation, Portion Size, Service, Return Factor, Price, and of course Bathrooms.
The first stop on my travels across Fayette County was at the La Hacienda restaurant in Fayetteville. A nice ourdoor patio invites you to take in the crisp fall air as the tiki torches becon entrance onto the mexican oasis. As I walk in the front doors, I notice a large poster advertising a Halloween costume contest. I realize that the restaurant is concerned more about fun than fine dining.
We were ushered to a booth and after a moments time, my wife returns and gives me the "thumbs up" sign. In her words, "the bathrooms are super cute" She rated them an 8 on style but docked them 2 points because the toilet was difficult to flush.
The menu was a pleasant surprise in this mexican restaurant. Maybe it is my lack of culinary expertise but I rarely know the difference between combos 1-30. (I think you know what I mean) The menu had pictures to describe various entrees, but it was bound by very thick leather binding. The menu was litterally very large and heavy.
The chips and Salsa suited my taste with warm thicker chips and fresh tasting salsa, but did not give me the "wow" factor. The meal was very tasty. Flavor was very good. I found myself wanting more.
Service was adequate as the waiter was eager to comply with any of our requests, food was served quickly, but was not very observant as our drinks and chips eventually became empty and unrefilled.
Overall, good company and great tasting food made this visit a success. Our grades are:

Atmosphere: 7 -very colorful and music was not too loud.
Taste: 9 -was very surpised at the great taste
Presentation: 6 -Average, but no complaints
Portion Size: 8 -not too large but not too small
Service: 7 -speedy but unaware
Price: 8 - price was comperable to typical mexican fare
Bathrooms: 8 - "Super Cute" according to Brie
Return Factor: 6 - Lacking the "wow" factor that brings a casual customer back, we would frequent the restaurant on a casual basis.

Check back for more reviews of local restaurants. Yum!

No comments: