Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday Night Lights

Its football time in Tennessee....uh...I mean...Georgia. Yea, it still doesnt sound quite right to me yet. Regardless, I have still been waiting for this time of the season for months. Pads popping, band playing, stif-arms, and fade routes to the end-zone. Yeah, I'm feel'n it.
Tonight was my baptism into South-Atlanta football as I made it to the football game at Starrs Mill High School, home of the Panthers. Maybe it has been way too long since I have paid to get into a football game but since when is a ticket $7?! I am starting to realize that football is a big-time money raiser for the schools. It was definatly worth it. The game came down to a final drive before Starrs Mill sealed the victory with an interception. I realized that the band is really talented and a whole lot of fun. I sealed the night with a chili-cheese dog and officially chistened the night as the beginning of football season.
Tonight I have set aside my clothes for tomorrow. All orange of course. I am hoping for a great season for Tennessee. You may ask me what a great season would be, so here is my idea of a great season. If we have 2 wins and 10 losses I will consider it a great season if we beat Florida and Georgia (Thats right, Kevin Arnold). Go Vols!!

No comments: