Wednesday, September 2, 2009

250cc's of Pure Power

Ok, its official. Got my tags and registration. Stood in line at the DMV and got my licence. Call me James Dean, call me Jesse James, call me what you will because we share a common bond. We all travel famously on 2 wheels, burning up the streets, nothing to hold us back. (I feel cooler already)
There is one difference, however. My new ride is far from the glamorous choppers made famous by these biker outlaws. My new ride is a Chinese motor-scooter with a top speed of 70mph...downhill. Dont be fooled....I am super psyched about it!!! 3 gallons to fill up the tank and 60mpg. Thats what its all about. Plus, its so much fun!
Lately, I have been counting how many bugs hit me on a single ride. I never realized how prevalent what I like to call "bug whallops" are to motorcycle riders. Sometimes those things can hurt. Let's just say that I just bought a new helmet and made sure to get a plastic shield to avoid an early lunch.
I am trying to convince my father-in-law that my new nickname is not "scooter". I have a feeling I'm not gonna win this battle. Might as well embrace it right? Well, tomorrow is another day, hopefully it is nice enough to ride, helment hair and all. See you on the open road. Sincerely, -Scooter

No comments: